 Fun / Crafts / 22
Re: LEGO brick bookends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:33:02 GMT

In lugnet.fun.crafts, Todd Lehman writes:
Has anyone made bookends using LEGO bricks?  I wonder how thick/big/heavy they
have to be in order to work nicely?  In terms of "real" bookends I've only had
luck with marble or stone bookends -- even wood tends to be too light.  But
LEGO brick bookends might work for paperbacks...?  Anyone tried it?

--Todd

I havn't tried it but my guess would be that it would be too light just using
bricks.  You could try a couple of things I can think of off the top of my
head.

1.  Use a heavy object (A real brick?) surrounded by LEGO bricks to add weight.

2.  Or more time consuming and tedious would be to use a metal soder -sp? that
melts at a low temperature that you could melt to fill in 1/2 to 2/3'rds of
each brick to add weight.  IF you don't care about the brick of course.

Either way is somewhat unpurist so it depends if you want Bookends made out of
LEGO or mostly LEGO like bookends.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/