 Fun / Crafts / 24
Re: LEGO brick bookends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:52:05 GMT

In lugnet.fun.crafts, Todd Lehman writes:

Even looked like a giant 2x4 brick and didn't use any LEGO elements at all
but maybe just painted wood around a lead weight -- Yah -- I'd love that!!
Here's a sketch of what I mea

  http://www.lugnet.com/fun/crafts/~1/bookends/

Ahh!!  Now that would be cool.

Here's another thought along those lines.  What about using one of the new
"LEGO Soft" Bricks to create a mold?  They have them down at TCS now and they
look pretty cool.  They are soft and not very heavy on their own but I think
they are about the size you are looking for.

If you could create some sort of mold with these and then use the mold and fill
it with something like cement or clay that would then harden, you could then
paint the brick a bright LEGO color and get the effect you are looking for.

Just thinking out loud with you with you here.  It sounds kind of neat.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: