 Fun / Crafts / 26
Re: LEGO brick bookends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.fun.crafts, Steve Bliss writes:
I wonder how hard it would be to build or aquire a "bookend base" -- a
stone or metal "L" that would be big enough to mount a LEGO creation on.

I had this idea too.

Office supply stores sell a type of bookend that is roughly an inverted "T"
shape from the side, one end of which slides under the first several books
which it supports thereby gaining the weight of the books on top of it as well
as some friction support.  I figure one could just build a lego design around
one of these, fitting the vertical metal bit into a cavity in the lego
design.  If need be, one could use a softer yet essentially unyielding
material like wood to fill in the space between the metal bookend base and the
lego elements themselves.

Ultimately, no bookends I have ever seen will support a serious book
collection; a bookcase is the way to go.  But if you have some finer standard
sized hardbounds or oversized paperbacks you wish to feature on a table or
credenza, these bookends will actually do the job.

Just a thought...

-- Richard