 FAQ / 1252 (-20)
  Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

Mark, I'm unsure if you're asking for more directions on the posting page, or more directions in the FAQ, or both. In the case you think that the FAQ is unclear on how to cross-post, I added this line: "Click _here_ to test cross-posting." Where (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

In support of the recent cross-posting FAQ entry: (URL) recommend that: 1. a note be added to the new post script ((URL) under the "Post To: and Request Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to this FAQ (opens in a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

<snipped some great stuff!> This is just a thank you to Larry on clearing this up for me! Thanks again! -- Nicole~ (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) When I go to nntp:rec.toys.lego for instance, Internet Explorer 5.1 on the Macintosh and IE 6.0 on the PC both launch the associated news reader, which defaults to Outlook Express. Outlook Express 6 has the View -> All Headers setting, but I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

If using Internet Explorer as an NNTP interface to LUGnet, when preparing a "New Post" or "Reply to Group", you need to select "View -> All Headers" (not the default setting) in order to set the FUT field. Kerry (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(sent back to lugnet.faq, since I'm dealing only with micro-issues, not meta ones) (...) The title has the word 'crossposting' in it now. ... I also added a paragraph discouraging cut-n-paste. (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes: ... (...) Intentionally. The title is 'how do I post to multiple groups' instead of 'how do I crosspost' because it assumes that the reader doesn't know what crossposting is. (...) The FAQ is not a moral (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) I'd say that entry misses most of the gist. The title doesn't even have "Crosspost" in it, and it spends zero time on the wrong way to do it or why that way is wrong. Nor does it talk about why spamming many groups is considered bad, nor does (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

... (...) I added an entry to the FAQ to deal with crossposting which is considerably briefer than the original message, but attempts to hit all of the high points. As with all FAQ entries, it allows the reader to get to the original thread so that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) Great. Perhaps some or all of the FUT section of mine can be gutted and replaced with references to the entries you cite? (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) There are a few entries already in the FAQ that deal with this issue in part: When should I set a “Followup-To” as part of my post? (URL) can I set the “Followup-To” when posting a message via e-mail? (URL) can I set the “Followup-To” when (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

I have posted a stab at a FAQ on this topic on this for various reasons. (partly because I kept looking for one to refer to when guiding newbies about multiple posting and didn't find it) (URL) comment on it if you would, to help make it better and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) In support of the FAQ, I recommend that: 1. a note be added to the new post script ((URL) under the "Post To: and Request Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to this FAQ. 2. the same warning and link be (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes: [snip] (...) that is correct - sending mail to lugent.off-topic.tes...ugnet.com, lugnet.off-topic.tes...lugnet.com will post to those two groups. [snip some more] (...) This is correct as well (wow, Lar, two (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) I'll start. In the final version that's preserved in the FAQ (assuming this Q and A stream is good enough to keep) the first occurrence of LUGNET should be changed to LUGNET(tm) and the first (and only) occurrence of BrickLink should be (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

We have had a spate of multiple posts lately. Not everyone knows how to crosspost or what it is or why it's good. I could not find a FAQ entry on this, but I feel one is needed. Please feel free to reply with elaboration or correction: What is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq) !

  Re: Lego Scale Conversion Tool

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes: ... (...) Added to the FAQ: (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Lego Scale Conversion Tool

If you're a freak like me, you love to convert things into minifig scale and technic scale. You want to see exactly how long a minifig-scale mile would be. And how tall would the Sears tower be in technic scale? Would a minifig scale aircraft (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.faq) !!

  Re: OMFIAMP

(...) Got it. Thanks Ross and Jude! -Shiri (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Setting up OE for lugnet news

"Lee Wilson" <leerwilson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:GrH438.BnG@lugnet.com... (...) add (...) of (...) not (...) I think it depends on how the news server lists the messages when OE requests them - if it lists them in date order then you (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact