 FAQ / 1242
Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:53:41 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes:
We have had a spate of multiple posts lately. Not everyone knows how to
crosspost or what it is or why it's good. I could not find a FAQ entry on
this, but I feel one is needed...

There are a few entries already in the FAQ that deal with this issue in part:

When should I set a “Followup-To” as part of my post?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/fut

How can I set the “Followup-To” when posting a message via e-mail?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/followup

How can I set the “Followup-To” when posting a message via the web?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/followup2

I'm happy to create another entry which deals specifically with posting one
message to multiple groups, using Larry's message as source.

Cary