 FAQ / 1240
Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes:
We have had a spate of multiple posts lately. Not everyone knows how to
crosspost or what it is or why it's good. I could not find a FAQ entry on
this, but I feel one is needed. Please feel free to reply with elaboration
or correction:

In support of the FAQ, I recommend that:

1.  a note be added to the new post script
(http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/) under the "Post To: and Request
Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to
this FAQ.
2.  the same warning and link be added to the NNTP post approval e-mail
encouraging the modification/cancellation of posts which are multiples.
3.  the same warning and link be added to the post approval webpage
encouraging the modification/cancellation of posts which are multiples.

The recent violators have professed some ignorance to cross posting and even
indicated that they tried to figure out how to post to multiple groups
without creating multiple posts.  I doubt that future violators will bother
to find and read the FAQ unless it is pushed in their face just prior to
committing said violation.

-Rob.