 FAQ / 1243
Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:07:03 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.faq, Larry Pieniazek writes:
We have had a spate of multiple posts lately. Not everyone knows how to
crosspost or what it is or why it's good. I could not find a FAQ entry on
this, but I feel one is needed...

There are a few entries already in the FAQ that deal with this issue in part:

When should I set a “Followup-To” as part of my post?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/fut

How can I set the “Followup-To” when posting a message via e-mail?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/followup

How can I set the “Followup-To” when posting a message via the web?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/followup2

I'm happy to create another entry which deals specifically with posting one
message to multiple groups, using Larry's message as source.

Great. Perhaps some or all of the FUT section of mine can be gutted and
replaced with references to the entries you cite?