 Events / BrickFest / *753 (-20)
  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

Related to James' straight drag race, we will have a dual "Grand Prix" course. This will involve two identical track plans (with crossings and curves) where two people race against each other without crashing or derailing. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

The course is a straight drag race, so no need to make the train handle curves. Just make it fast...and look cool :) jt (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) You know, I'd never looked into actually finding out what "Rail Racers" were until this post. I have to say, this is pretty cool! I'll definitely try and put an entertaining design together :) Is the course straight, or does it involve curves? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002

(...) It's Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002!!! This is your chance to show the LEGO world what you are made of. We will be holding a head to head competition of Rail Racers at this year's Brickfest. You will be racing your finest built rail racer (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !

  Re: MOC's at BrickFest

On 01:22 06/06/2002 +0000, Kevin Salm wrote (...) ...Some unofficial answers about MOCs at BrickFest! (...) ...Not everyone, but lots of people do. Its great to be able to show off your work and everyone else is always looking for new tricks or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Question about BrickFest Train Room

(...) Yes. We have the room starting at 5:00pm Friday - Sunday 8:00pm (...) Thanks for asking. Christina Hitchcock BrickFest (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC's at BrickFest

(...) Based on my observations at the first two BrickFest events I'd say that not everyone brings MOC's to the event. I'm pretty sure though that those that didn't in the past wish they would have and will in the future. It's definitely one of the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Question about BrickFest Train Room

I thought about e-mailing Tom with this query but then I thought others might also have the same question so I'm posting it here: Will BrickFest have the Train Room reserved for the whole weekend this year? Last year's participants may remember that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  12v Trains at BrickFest! (was Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda)

(...) Ok folks, it's time to start really planning this. I'd like to see a huge 12v layout created which can run several trains at once. I plan on bringing at least as much track as I brought to BricksWest, which was enough for a loop with a siding (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC's at BrickFest

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:Gx9Ft4.zs@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) You can always ship items to the hotel you will be staying at. Make sure to clearly label the package with your name, that you are a hotel guest, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  MOC's at BrickFest

Questions about MOC's at BrickFest: Does everyone bring something? Do BrickFest orgainizers need to know in advance? Is there an address where I can ship some items to in advance so I don't have to travel with them (on an airplane)? Anything else (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

I am happy to announce that I am all set to attend BrickFest 2002. My travel itenerary is in place, my conference registration is complete, and I have just confirmed my hotel room reservation. I will be staying at the Arlington Hilton & Towers. So (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

Yeah, I had thought about doing just that (checking out and checking back in). But looking to get the rates for JUST wednesday night, it jumps up to $269! I guess they want to be sure to get their money! Oh well, i'll have to call and work something (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

(...) It was nice that the Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad just automatically had the rate change. I bet if you call the hotel directly, you can negotiate a rate which gives the business rate for the one night, and the lower rate for the other (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:Gx5xr8.H6L@lugnet.com... (...) $89/night (...) jumpts (...) and (...) [ ... snipped ... ] That is not unusual for a business hotel (which almost all Hilton Hotels are). Usually the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

Larry & All, (...) Sorry, Larry, but this is the second time you referenced this on LUGNET, and this is totally false. . I did not kick you out, Tony wanted to come after we talked about sharing a room, and he said he could sleep on the floor. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Need a Roommate!!!

Hello all... I'm looking for roommate/hoping to find someone anyway. I'm Canadian, so our dollar exchange is...sad to say the least and am hoping to find someone to help reduce the accomodation aspect of it(more for Lego of course!! 8^) I'm coming (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

OK, looks like the Hilton it is.... So, whats the best rate anyone has gotten out of them? I can get $89/night if I stay Thurs - Mon. We'd like to come in a day earlier, but that jumpts the room rate up to $161/night!! Crazy. This is off the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

I stayed at the Hilton last year and it was a nice place , but Frank is right, the parking was a bit expensive. I did find that AAA had good rates for the Hilton, so I guess that offset the parking cost. I did enjoy the fact that it was with in (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?

(...) I'll have to look into the prices. The past two years we stayed at the Comfort Inn which seemed reasonably priced and reasonably convenient. Actually, I think I may have looked at the Hilton last year and bagged it because they charged for (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact