 Events / BrickFest / 740
Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:04:46 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
That is not unusual for a business hotel (which almost all Hilton Hotels
are).  Usually the rates drop for Friday-Sunday, the demographics of that
area (which surprises me a bit with as close to DC as it is) must indicate
that their business customers drop off in the middle of the week.  Usually
if a reservation falls into the business rate "zone" then the whole stay
gets priced that way.  You can get around it by checking out and checking
back in but that is a hassle.

It was nice that the Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad just
automatically had the rate change. I bet if you call the hotel directly,
you can negotiate a rate which gives the business rate for the one
night, and the lower rate for the other nights (probably all you need
point out if they are reluctant is that it will cost THEM money to have
you check out and then check in again...).

Frank