 Events / BrickFest / 739
Re: What hotel is everyone staying at?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:00:15 GMT

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message
news:Gx5xr8.H6L@lugnet.com...
OK, looks like the Hilton it is....

So, whats the best rate anyone has gotten out of them?  I can get • $89/night
if I stay Thurs - Mon.  We'd like to come in a day earlier, but that • jumpts
the room rate up to $161/night!!  Crazy.

This is off the website.  I'll probably give them a call in the morning • and
see if I get anything different on the phone.

Troy

[ ... snipped ... ]

That is not unusual for a business hotel (which almost all Hilton Hotels
are).  Usually the rates drop for Friday-Sunday, the demographics of that
area (which surprises me a bit with as close to DC as it is) must indicate
that their business customers drop off in the middle of the week.  Usually
if a reservation falls into the business rate "zone" then the whole stay
gets priced that way.  You can get around it by checking out and checking
back in but that is a hassle.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot