 Events / BrickFest / 749
Re: MOC's at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:24:54 GMT

On 01:22 06/06/2002 +0000, Kevin Salm wrote
Questions about MOC's at BrickFest:

...Some unofficial answers about MOCs at BrickFest!

Does everyone bring something?

...Not everyone, but lots of people do. Its great to be able to show off your
work and everyone else is always looking for new tricks or techniques as well as
just new and interesting models. Even your worst MOC could be inspiration to
someone, so don't be afraid that your MOC isn't as perfect or beautiful as
someone else's... its about the fun of building :-)

...And in some cases like trains/towns or castles, its fun to build a big
uber-MOC scene with everyone's individual creations, and its great to be part of
a big whole!

Do BrickFest orgainizers need to know in advance?

...Only if its a particularly oversized MOC. Or perhaps if you have to choose
from your MOCs which one to bring, the coordinator may be able to help you some
in picking something that they know others aren't bringing... (tho usually just
posting it here is better).

Is there an address where I can ship some items to in advance so I don't have to travel with them (on an airplane)?

...The hotel where you are staying is a good place to ship it to. I'm sure some
other arrangements can be made with locals if the hotel doesn't work well.

Anything else first-time attendees need to know about MOC's?

...Having a label for your creation is a good thing. BrickFest will have "MOC
Cards" available so you can label your creation (title, description, who you are
kind of card), but if you would like, longer labels or descriptions are usually
enjoyed by interested folks (especially if its modeled after something else,
pics of the original are great to compare against).

...Another warning. Be ready to reassemble your MOC! something always ends up
breaking them during transit or at the fest  :-)

--
Stephen F Roberts
wubwub@wildlink.com

/*
Ridiculous Lucky Captain Rabbit King! Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for
the youth!
    +Powerpuff Girls
*/
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com