 Events / 866
Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:52:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, L. Andrew Reynolds wrote:
I quick question: What is the actaul table space under the tent including corner
overlaps.

Thanx

L. Andrew Reynolds
GtwLUG, Saint Louis

Hey Andrew!

The tent is a hexagonal structure with sides each about six feet long.

In our situation, we had a 6 foot (two PNLTC half modules) by 12 foot train
layout.  We basically took up the center between two opposing sides, leaving a
triangular 12 foot by 6 foot by 6 foot section on the front and the back.  By
draping the chain around the hexagon, it formed two areas where a group member
could stand inside the tent in the shade talking to visitors, making a nice neat
defition between where you should be and where you shouldn't be.

Depending on what you aim to display, you can work it many ways.  For us, our
layout was self sufficient-we didn't use the supplied tour tables, because the
train modules had legs.  For others, you might want to put two tables in there.
You might put two in the center, and let people walk in a bit under the tent.
Or you might put six tables at the outside edge and keep your selves under the
tent only with your models on the outside.  Etc.  I could see a group with a
very large item, like a giant crane or sculpture in the center, and perhaps
roping off three of the six sides and putting three tables with smaller models
on the other sides.

Jake had stressed that you were really supposed to fit into the tent.  He
mentioned in Toronto he might be relaxing this concern a bit, as we had piles of
space at the Zoo.  Still, make use of the tent, it gives you a tidy thing to
work inside of.

Calum