 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7990
Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:55:10 GMT

As a side note:

"I spent $26 CDN to spend about 2 hours at the LEGO show. Maybe next time LEGO
will pick a more reasonable place to have a cool event."

Think of it less as a destination than as an interesting sideshow.

Mmmmm.... well I've been to the other Zoo's before, and at my age, seeing
animals pretending to be in their natural habitat doesn't really appeal
to me.

Personally, I only went was to experience what a LEGO roadshow was like.
I would have stayed longer if I could.  Though I have to confess that
after 90 minutes, the thrill of the brick there was starting to wane, and
I even dare say, that I had no regrets leaving at the end of the 2 hours
(I think I was even beginning to get bored).

I believe the the idea of the Zoo was to have it in a nice family outing
location where families would be regardless of the event, ie, they're already be
at the Zoo enjoying the animals, so the entrance wasn't that big of a deal.  The
controlled location is a whole lot better than some parking lot somewhere, which
is where a lot of the other Roadshow stops are...

I don't believe they're targetting individuals coming just to see Lego, they
want the entire family.

Well you are right having a controlled access, really reduces (but probably
doesn't eliminate) the chances of "foul play".  Having it in a fairly secured
compound, also reduces the chance of theft at night.

I'm really not complaining about the money.  I'm really more complaining about
the amount of time being spent.  But that is mostly my fault or should I
say that is the fault of my choice of work. (and really inopportune work
shifts).

Thanks, Ben