 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7989
Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:35:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
Here is the Brickshelf link:

Here is the my (FTX) version of the event:

http://www.lugnet.com/~817/road1

Well I now updated it, so that it is essentially complete.
I added text included a description of each station, and added pictures
where appropriate.

As a side note:

"I spent $26 CDN to spend about 2 hours at the LEGO show. Maybe next time LEGO
will pick a more reasonable place to have a cool event."

Think of it less as a destination than as an interesting sideshow.

I believe the the idea of the Zoo was to have it in a nice family outing
location where families would be regardless of the event, ie, they're already be
at the Zoo enjoying the animals, so the entrance wasn't that big of a deal.  The
controlled location is a whole lot better than some parking lot somewhere, which
is where a lot of the other Roadshow stops are...

I don't believe they're targetting individuals coming just to see Lego, they
want the entire family.

Calum