 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8013
Re: What kind of events do Ontario LEGO builders want? (WAS Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
<snip>
Does Toronto seem too far away for some people?
Are people concerned about costs related to travelling and lodging?

Hi Allan,

Personally, being in Ottawa, I did travel to rtl/Train1 & Train2, but
that was down and back the same day, which is a lot of driving time and
gas. Staying over could get really costly, especially for those of us
"income-challenged" people. And then it doesn't help that my transmission
went Kablooie this week. You know it's not good when the tow truck driver
says, and I quote, "I've never seen anything like that before."
Anyways, to get back on track, I do hope to come down, probably would only
be a day trip if I did, but I can't say for sure at this time.
If it weren't for the distance, I'd be there for sure, but it is quite a
distance, and you can't pack a lot of modules or large models into a Neon.
Anyways, hope to see you then, but we'll wait and see.
Play well.

Tim Strutt