 Events / 1159
Re: Australian Brickfest? 2005 - Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:57:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
RE: An Australian Brickfest type event for the year 2005.

Hi all, To help things move along, I thought it might be a good idea and some
fun for all interested, to answer the below... (copy and paste the following
questions)

Just thought I should chip in my 2 cents before I foget to reply.

Where are you from?

Sydney

What is your occupation and who do you work for?

Network Tech, Optus

What should Australia’s first larger private/public event/show/convention/fest
etc be called? (Please, only three choices).

Oz Brick Gala or
Lego OZ sounds good

Where should the event be held?
• Melbourne
• Sydney
• Adelaide
• Perth
• Brisbane
• Other?

I would love to visit Mexico(Melbourne) again, just couldnt get enough Tacos the
last time I was there. Just Joking, Melbourne would be great, but I do think
Sydney is more central.............

When should it take place?
• During School Holidays?
• After School Holidays?
• June long weekend?
• Early 2005?
• Late 2005?
• 2006?
• Other

June long weekend 2005 or even the Easter break next year.

How many days should the event take place over? Answering that, how many days
would you attend the event?

Three days, I would attend all three.........

Should there be an entry fee/ticket and how much should the fee/ticket cost? How
much would you be willing to pay?

I think that the event should be non profitable, if we want the public to view.
I think it would only be fare to set a price to cover the expenses of Venue.

How many people do you think would attend such an event?
• Less than 30
• 30
• 50 or more
• 100
• Hundreds
• Other

50 or more

Would you prefer it if the LEGO group/company were involved or would you prefer
for them not to be?

TLC Australia have absolutely no interest in us, at least this is from my
experiences, and I cant see their presence been any worthwhile. A bunch of wet
towels, sorry...........

Would you like to help organise it? If so how would you like to participate?

I would be glad to give a hand where needed. If someone needs a sidekick or a
donkey to make a few calls and a few visits here and there, Im your
man..........

Would you want it to attract others from other nations?

Absolutely, all AFOLS welcome.

How could/would the event be better than what other events around the world have
to offer?

Weve never dsone anything on this scale before and I think that if we are all
prepared for it, we cant go wrong.

Who would you like to attend?
• AFOLs only
• Public
• Both

Both

What would you like to see at the event?

MOCs for a start.
An assortment of BL sellers.
Brikwars for all the Spacies, Castle and Pirate Fanatics.
A building contest on the day(s) would be great.
Trade/swaps

What sort of Audience should the event attract?
• AFOLs only
• School Children and Children
• Everyone

Everyone.

If the event turned out to be a success, would you attend another?
If yes, when?
• The year after
• Two years time
• Never

The year after

If you would attend the next one should it be held in the same place again or
another destination in another state?

Probably mix and match.

Would you donate any of your ‘unwanted’ LEGO to the East Timor Children? (If
there were a deposit box at the event etc).

Possibly.

Do you think it would be a cool idea if LEGO organised a RLD (Red Letter Day -
refer to UK posts) type event, for those who were interested?

Dont know.

Do you think it would be cool if LEGO gave us a chance (if ever possible) to buy
bulk bricks from the event?

Would be Ideal.

Would you like to buy stuff not normally available to us at the event?

Bring on the Legends line and anything else from S@H.

Would you like to see a ‘World Record’ type activity held at the event?

Absolutely

Would you like to see a Commemorative Brick, especially made for us, at the
event? (Like the Promotional Duplo bricks).

Now this I would pay money for.........

What  do you think would be the overall ideal event to be held for Australia’s
first large event like this? (besides whatever LEGO already do and the National
meets).