 Local / Australia / 11803
Re: Australian Brickfest? 2005 - Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:08:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
RE: An Australian Brickfest type event for the year 2005.

Hi all, To help things move along, I thought it might be a good idea and some
fun for all interested, to answer the below... (copy and paste the following
questions)

Where are you from?

Always sunny Brissie

What is your occupation and who do you work for?

Retail at Myer... in the toy department no less

What should Australia’s first larger private/public event/show/convention/fest
etc be called? (Please, only three choices).

I don't know sorry, to tired to think... legopalooza...... um no.....

Where should the event be held?

• Sydney (logically first choice)

• Brisbane (gee that would be lovely)

When should it take place?
• During School Holidays? (2005)

• June long weekend?

How many days should the event take place over? Answering that, how many days
would you attend the event?

3 days.... I would attend three days.....

Should there be an entry fee/ticket and how much should the fee/ticket cost? How
much would you be willing to pay?

Maybe there could be workshops... which cost, but free displays

How many people do you think would attend such an event?

• Hundreds

Would you prefer it if the LEGO group/company were involved or would you prefer
for them not to be?

Yes..... for sure.....

Would you like to help organise it? If so how would you like to participate?

I would love to help out..... I am a really good dogs body..... with multiple
skills

Would you want it to attract others from other nations?

Yes... (I was going to make a joke about New Zealanders but thought better of
it)

How could/would the event be better than what other events around the world have
to offer?

just by being Aussie it will automatically better, but if that wasn't enough
having a multy facated brickfest which could incorporate many sectors of the
community

Who would you like to attend?

Everyone who is a kid at heart

What would you like to see at the event?

Hopefully lego..... and maybe icecreams

How should it be organised?

I wouldn't be able to answer that one at the moment, possible obtaining advice
from people who have organised similar events

What sort of Audience should the event attract?

• Everyone

If the event turned out to be a success, would you attend another?
If yes, when?

I would give up work and go everyday

If you would attend the next one should it be held in the same place again or
another destination in another state?

different state, can't hurt to have a holiday

Would you donate any of your ‘unwanted’ LEGO to the East Timor Children? (If
there were a deposit box at the event etc).

YES... I think this is an awesome idea

Do you think it would be a cool idea if LEGO organised a RLD (Red Letter Day -
refer to UK posts) type event, for those who were interested?

I am to lazt to read what this is at the moment but I am fully supporting
anything although I always thought a red letter day was refering to something
else.....

Do you think it would be cool if LEGO gave us a chance (if ever possible) to buy
bulk bricks from the event?

If you want me to be frothing at the mouth and screaming like a banshee when my
plastic max's out

Would you like to buy stuff not normally available to us at the event?

Yes.... oh please yes

Would you like to see a ‘World Record’ type activity held at the event?

hmmm I guess it can't hurt... might be a good promotional idea

Would you like to see a Commemorative Brick, especially made for us, at the
event? (Like the Promotional Duplo bricks).

yay that would be very cool

What was the last event/show/convention/fest etc did you last attend that meant
the most to you?  What was the highlight of it?

Gifted Education conference.. highlight..... just the educational content and
the access to educational materials

Anything I have missed that you would like to add?

Not really this has been very thorough Mel... well done and have a lovely day

Have fun :)

Mel