 Local / Australia / 11802
Re: My thoughts on the New Grays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

Your rant is incomplete. Please select either Prophecy of Doom or Threat to properly conclude your rant:

Prophecy of Doom
This means the end of Lego as we know it. One day it will just be an example of how not to run a businees.

Threat
I don’t know what to do, but I’ll certainly be buying less of the product in future.

What about Expression of Gratitude?

For so long I’ve been wrestling with an irresistible compulsion to buy new Lego products. Each year I’d say to myself, “I’ve got enough Lego now”, but then they’d bring out a line of sets with a whole new bunch of cool parts in gray, or an attractive number of existing gray parts. I’d tell myself not to, but eventually the urge would become too strong and I’d buy the sets.

I didn’t realise it at the time, but I needed a reason to stop buying. Then Lego changed the grays. Suddenly, new Lego products no longer supplied me with the colours of which I already owned so many, many bricks. It was the perfect reason. Suddenly, I could look at the new sets on the shelves and say to myself, “Nope - wrong colours”.

Suddenly I had a bunch of money which was previously spent on Lego, that could facilitate many other legitimately worthwhile things.

Expression of Gratitude
Thank you, Lego!

Cheers,

   P.S. This is mostly true for me, by the way.

Absolutely taken the keys from my Keyboard. I couldnt agree more. For the past year I have reluctantly fell into the trap of impulse buying which has kind of ruled my life up until now. I just cant wait for all the old sets to be gone so that way I cant spend any more.

This could be a Good thing or I might find myself on Evil Bay in a years time having withdrawal symtoms. Kinda of like trying to Quit Coffee or Smokes. I keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Dave

P.S. And yes its all true for me too...............