 Local / Australia / 11793
Re: Australian Brickfest? 2005 - Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:07:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
RE: An Australian Brickfest type event for the year 2005.

Hi all, To help things move along, I thought it might be a good idea and some
fun for all interested, to answer the below... (copy and paste the following
questions)

Where are you from?

Tasmania, but I live in Brisbane.

What is your occupation and who do you work for?

Draftsman.

What should Australia’s first larger private/public event/show/convention/fest
etc be called? (Please, only three choices).

Bob.

Where should the event be held?
• Melbourne
• Sydney
• Adelaide
• Perth
• Brisbane
• Other?

Dubbo.

Alright, Brisbane.

But only if Dubbo isn't available.

When should it take place?
• During School Holidays?
• After School Holidays?
• June long weekend?
• Early 2005?
• Late 2005?
• 2006?
• Other

Brisbane is nice in June.

How many days should the event take place over?

Up to 3.

Answering that, how many days would you attend the event?

3 or less.

Should there be an entry fee/ticket and how much should the fee/ticket cost? How
much would you be willing to pay?

Yes, there should be a fee. How much I'd be prepared to pay depends on what's on
the schedule.

How many people do you think would attend such an event?
• Less than 30
• 30
• 50 or more
• 100
• Hundreds
• Other

Who can tell. Dubbo's not a very big place.

Would you prefer it if the LEGO group/company were involved or would you prefer
for them not to be?

Yes. What sort of involvement do you have in mind? At the very least it would be
neat if Jake McKee, or someone like him, with loins suitably girded, gave a
little talk.

Would you like to help organise it? If so how would you like to participate?

Yes, I would like to help. My skills include heavy lifting, sarcasm, and a
tendency to forget where I put things.

Would you want it to attract others from other nations?

Sure. Why not?

How could/would the event be better than what other events around the world have
to offer?

It would be AUSTRALIAN!

Who would you like to attend?

Both

What would you like to see at the event?

Lots of Lego, and people having fun.

How should it be organised?

With the minimal amout of heavy lifting.

What sort of Audience should the event attract?

Everyone

If the event turned out to be a success, would you attend another?

Of course. Every year it's held.

If you would attend the next one should it be held in the same place again or
another destination in another state?

Yes.

Oodnadatta?

Would you donate any of your ‘unwanted’ LEGO to the East Timor Children? (If
there were a deposit box at the event etc).

Sure. Now that I've got three or four plates of the new grey, the rest of my
collection is useless.

Do you think it would be a cool idea if LEGO organised a RLD (Red Letter Day -
refer to UK posts) type event, for those who were interested?

Don't know. Can't be bothered looking it up.

Do you think it would be cool if LEGO gave us a chance (if ever possible) to buy
bulk bricks from the event?

I probably wouldn't buy any, but show me as a 'yes'.

Would you like to buy stuff not normally available to us at the event?

What stuff isn't available to anyone with enough determination and cash? I might
be interested in any discontinued sets they might have lieing around the
warehouse though.

Would you like to see a ‘World Record’ type activity held at the event?

How about a timed mini ISD build?

Would you like to see a Commemorative Brick, especially made for us, at the
event? (Like the Promotional Duplo bricks).

ok.

If you were from Overseas, would you like to attend an event like this held in
Australia?  If so, would you like to contribute anything towards it? (Display,
Presentation etc).

n/a

What  do you think would be the overall ideal event to be held for Australia’s
first large event like this? (besides whatever LEGO already do and the National
meets).

please explain?

What was the last event/show/convention/fest etc did you last attend that meant
the most to you?  What was the highlight of it?

n/a

Anything I have missed that you would like to add?

nup.

Cheers,
Allister