 Events / *856 (-20)
  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

Actually, some 3rd party (unrelated to and not participating in the fest) donated them to us. They assured us that they "owned" them. In a separate event, a participant asked a Shell manager if he could have one of the signs and he said "Sure, but (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest from a lurker's perspective...

Where to begin? Well, I have been lurking here on lugnet for some time now, posting only once in a great while. My Job limits my internet access and when I get home, I am not really in the mood to look at another computer screen. But now that I have (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  security

I know everyone saw this before, but it's still cracking me up :) (URL) for putting these up kev) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I tend to agree with Rich in part but disagree in another part. It was great that the WAMALUG folks have started something great. I remember a few of us on rec.toys.lego a few years back suggested a FOL (A missing because of family (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) Salt (...) thought This to me says there is equal support for Carlsbad and Seattle (you have a pretty small sample size there Matthew). (...) seems (...) regional, (...) I don't see these numbers as meaning (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

That red LEGO flag looked real nice hanging on the front of my house this morning! (my wife took down her normal summer flag for only one day, tommorow I must take my LEGO flag down) jt (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I am merely noting that the Norwesters seem to be the ones vehement about the location being firmly in the Norwest. I am merely saying if the powers that be want to organize a "Brickfest WEST" rather than a strictly Northwestern one, perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote: <snip> (...) By "some" I assume you mean me. It would be rather silly for me to promote a 'fest in SoCal, wouldn't it? It's starting to look like we'll end up with two West Coast fests. (...) I'm (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) No, I make it sound like there are a lot of AFOLs in the Pac NW. I was trying to make the point that AFOLs who are enthusiastic enough to form LUGs will be the ones who are enthusiastic enough to come to a 'fest. (...) Never at any point did I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

(...) I really appreciated that Erik! I loved the set and it will work great with my big town stuff. I too stopped at several Shell Stations on the way down I-95 South of Arlington. I was able to purchase the Tanker Truck at a station just outside (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) "More" implies an amount of people - you note cities, states, and all of Canada (Newfoundlanders seem an unlikely prospect <g>), but avoid population numbers. I'll use Lugnet member numbers (acknowledging that all who read Lugnet and might (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) I'm sure we will have something to say on this topic. Give us some time, though, we're still recovering :) And we'll probably have to discuss and debate amongst ourselves before we form an "official" opinion. -Greg Kramer (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Regianal Conventions was Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Hello all, I have not posted here very often but I some observations regarding regional and national conventions from a different perspective. I attend gaming conventions regionally and nationally and I am planning to attend Brickfest next year. I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

OOOH what I've thought about for years! Flexible Track sections.. Ohh transition curves, dynamic radius turns. Inclines/declines... (well ok we can do that now, but not that smoohtly over shorter distances). Lets hope that they figure out a way of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) Something I want to throw out for consideration to examine if the feelings of dilution by having more events are negative. Where do you draw the line? If more frequent events are dilutive, I would by extension argue then that ANY gathering, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: LDraw and Brickfest: General summary and comments

Hey all! I am curious about stories and photo's of the fest! Congrats to Steve for getting the The Memorial Award! Greetingz... Sjaacko (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) We train folk happen to be organizing our own national train club convention which we hope to make an annual event, which would move around the country every year. But I agree with Lar-- Brickfest, in essence, *is* a national event. It is very (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Great job! This is as complete of a archive as I've seen. Well done :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) I'm sensing a minor disconnect. I viewed the Brickfest I just attended *as* a national event. It just happened to be in DC because that's where the organizers are... Look at the roster of attendees, they came from a lot of places (yes, the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

(...) I'm guessing Denise. She knows of a bunch of Shell stations off the beaten path. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact