 Duplo / *446 (-20)
  Re: DUPLO Juniorization

(...) I can understand not liking juniorization in Lego. I'm not a fan of the juniorization in Lego either. I do think it would be okay if they had "Lego Junior" sets instead of juniorizing everything. In regards to Duplo, I think that juniorization (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  DUPLO Juniorization

If you thought juniorization applied only to LEGO and that they couldn't possibly do anything to juniorize DUPLO, take a look at what I discovered while sorting through our Duplo collection. I was trying to disassemble the table on the left so I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New Bob the Builder set available

(...) This one was due all along...as nice as it is, we certainly don't need another Muck (or Bob for that matter...2 Bobs and 2 Scoops is more than enough duplication for now...)...but as to the old argument, here's the printed brick with Spud, so (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New Bob the Builder set available

I was at my local TRU (Charlotte NC) this morning and spotted a new Bob the Builder set: Set 3274 'Bob and Muck Repair the Barn' (36 pcs). It comes with an 8 rung dark grey ladder that is either a new piece or a very old piece that has been brought (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I think some people are a little out of touch with reality, and I've seen enough of this argument to post my 2 cents worth. Its admirable that you and others are willing to give up your abs habit to try and stop Lego from doing business.... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Excuse my french, but zis crap outrages me! I can't believe lego would stoop so low as to doing this, so little duplo "things" suck! They are horrible, and if lego does make all of the things in China, I know I'm not going to support lego anymore. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) OT, but to correct misinformation... Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are still being made and distributed. They may have been out of production for a while, but they are currently in production. And a company representative has publicly gone on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bob hits Bluewater

Or rather, Bob *hit* Bluewater. The Kentish Temple of Mammon's LEGO Shop had two (count'em) 3272 Scoops on Saturday afternoon. Apparently there had been a 'small delivery' during the week, but the next delivery date is unknown. I was told there's (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.uk)

  He didn't make a single racist comment..

Usually, I wouldn't touch this kind of topic with a 20 foot stick, but I feel as if some more people have to stand up for Greg here. He didn't make a single racist comment, nor did he say anything that even vaguely appeared racist. As Greg said (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup

With all the recent newsgroups being created here on LUGNET, I thought I'd suggest one of my own. One may ask,"With such little traffic in the DUPLO® newsgroup already, why divide it further?" One possible answer may be that these little trains (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

My daughter was "made in China" we adopted her from there and she is perfect..please do not be racist..OK Thanks (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: joy of the Week: thinking Americans

Greg, Your point is well taken, I appreciate your point of view. I'm sorry some folks refered to your views as Racist. (It clearly wasn't) Your original post was well thought out and executed. I think the only difference in our thinking is that I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

(...) And that's why I asked for the opinion and thoughts of others. Thanks for responding. (...) I also do not tend to get involved in political discussions because I am very much aware of my lack of knowledge on such subjects as well as being (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I avoid the US for this reason. Capital punishment, bought elections, refusing to reduce CO2 emissions, STAR WARS, and preventing UN intervention in Israel are not things I want to support. Rengenier (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Jon Furman" <Rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GJ9BB1.BJE@lugnet.com... (...) Well said. Thanks for taking the time to write what I thought, when I felt it more expedient to write 'crap' Case in point - my brother in law imports (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

I wouldn’t say that you are being Jingoistic per se, but I do think that your view is a little uninformed. I normally steer clear of political discussions here on Lugnet, but this one does seem to be a real discussion and not an argument. What is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

As far as quality goes, the same things have been said in the past about manufacturing in Japan, Taiwan and Korea (and probably Singapore, Maylasia, Thailand and the Philippines). The truth is, if cheap crap is going to be made, it will be made (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

John - thank you for your response to my posting. I'm sorry, of course, that I had to break this news to you. At the same time it's nice to get a response from someone else who thinks that this a valid concern (and not simply racist, bigoted (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Oh no. Let me check my calendar. Please tell me it's April first... it's not. ARRRRGH! I'm tempted to write some words here that would violate my Lugnet Terms of Use agreement... (...) Oh boy, I *am* politically active. I've been boycotting (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I'm in the same boat as you, Greg. I try to avoid products made in China, not because of any quality questions, but because of the political and human rights record of the country. Anyone remember Tiananmen Square? Sending tanks against (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact