 Dear LEGO / 977 (-20)
  Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Brevity is the soul of wit: Just bring back Pirates! :-) Bruce (...) expand (...) this (...) from (...) what (...) post (...) a (...) track (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

It's taken me a couple days to go through all of the posts following Mr Justus' bomb-shell. It's nice to see lego moving in a more customer-friendly direction. I'd like to add my suggestions/wants/needs :) to the mix, so here goes: I'd like to echo (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough already

Dogs shouldn't let friends who are annoyed post annoyed, no? <g> ---...--- (...) "Sturm und drang," I think. Don't have a German distionary, so i can't be sure right now. Rob (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

Mike Stanley wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, I think we got y'all's point. But I think the real point is: legalities aside, TLC didn't want that material distributed around. Just because one is *able* to get something on this side of a firewall doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) A clearer distinction can be drawn by saying "you are acting like a such and such" as opposed to saying "you *are* a such and such." Similar to the difference between "you are lying" and "you are a liar." By criticizing someone's action or (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) See, this is where you lose me. Completely. The prove it Prove It, PROVE IT! post struck me as amazingly rude. And NOT rude to TLC. To *Todd.* That's who is was being addressed to, no? Todd had taken a stance which he felt (excuse me for (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) Just stepping in to point out that the scans are invaluable to me and I would be impacted by not having them around. At least, I *would* be if I got off my duff and started turning the 200+ pounds of used, unsorted LEGO back into sets again. I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) No skin off my nose - I know my IQ, and it's well over to the higher end of the scale (and I mean WELL over) ;-) (IQ != common sense, however) I stand by my "PROVE IT" comments. I wanted proof from TLC, and I got it, end of story - until we (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) You matter, but I wasn't talking about you. :) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What I'd like to see...please

I don't want to sound the opposite of constructive in this post, but I am not too excited by your request. At the moment, I have scans of all the instructions I can handle! I have them pretty well divided by theme/age. I have a spare hard drive for (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Interesting. I was able to log in on Sat from home, check out the instructions for the HotRod, and save them. But when I try to log in here, I just get the page reloaded. I also don't see the URL you are referring to in the source code for the login (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  2000 Castles

Dear Sir(s): Thank you for making just what I wanted! Your the best toy company already, in my book! -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What I'd like to see...please

(...) I think this would be cool but kinda limited in the "fun" factor. What I'd like to see, and what I think would appeal to Lego's target market enough to get them to produce something like this, is several CD's filled with Creator (or whatever) (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough already

(...) "The people that matter?"!? What does that phrase mean? How can I tell if I "matter" or not? -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) I'm probably in the minority here, but guess what? I don't care. I think what Kevin has done with Brickshelf.com is AWESOME. Utterly and completely AWESOME. I applaud his effort 100%. But you know what? For all the scans I've browsed through (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) I know it was you, and I certainly didn't try to imply it was Todd saying that, although Todd said some thing that got me riled yesterday. And yes, there is _little_ distinction between calling someone a moron and saying they strike you as a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I thought it was totally obvious that he was referring to oxygen, but maybe you thought of something funnier? ;-) John Neal Founded 1960 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  What I'd like to see...please

Hi, Brad & co. I'd like to see a cd-Rom full of building instructions from older sets. I think this could be really great, if done properly. It should: Have teh sets available by set number and also by category ("Pirates," "Space," etc.) It should (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough already

(...) Anagrams. If his full name it "Bradley Justice" we get "rejects audibly" From plain old "Brad Justice" I get "arid subject" BTW : From "the lego group" I get "ghoul protege" Scott A Anagrams from: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough already

---...--- (...) And you got what you paid for. Bricks. And instructions. Paying the price of ingratitude could mean seeing ALL copyrighted material come off the web. It could happen, and LEGO would be well within their rights under copyright law to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact