 Dear LEGO / 946
Re: Catalogs, Justus and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 23:10:31 GMT

I'll put my .02 in...

1. People making up the sets from the instructions using parts from • other
sets
and then sell them? Where is the economic sense in that? They are • current
sets
remember.

The economic sense is that if you can acquire parts in bulk (and I mean
really obscene amounts here) you could undercut TLC's pricing and still • make
a decent profit.

It appears that I have stirred up quite the hornets nest with this quote, so
let me clarify some things.  I do not think that such a practice is
practical, but it is possible.  Those who say that TLC would price parts to
make this even more improbable are right...but TLC isn't the only (bulk
parts) game in town!  Can you say set-breakers (JABA, etc), clearance sales,
and even used lots from eBay?

Does this post make four cents?

Will