 Dear LEGO / 895
Re: "If it were my toy company..."
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:01:24 GMT

Todd Lehman skrev i meddelandet <3853a96b.135213995@lugnet.com>...
[crossposted to .dear-lego & .general; followups to .dear-lego]

Brad Justus, Senior Vice President of LEGO Direct, wrote in
<http://www.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=560>:

"We want to be a company with whom you want to be involved.  We want to
  be the company you'd like us to be.  And to do that, we need your input.
  What do you love?  What do you hate?  How can we help you?  Tell us –
  we want your input."

I can't express in words how great I feel that we've finally been asked • this!!
=:*s   But I guess everyone knows the feeling!  :)

For me, the best way to answer these questions is to put myself into TLC's
shoes.  That is, rather than looking in from the outside and saying, "I'd
like to see you do this and this and stop doing this," I find it easier to
get right to the heart of things by imagining being on the inside and • saying,
"If it were my toy company, here's the way it would be..."

So I'd like to start a little thread on that note.  Maybe it will help • flush
out more radical ideas coming from that angle.

                    If LEGO were your toy company,
                        What would it be like?

Below are a few posts I made to a couple years ago addressing this • question.
I'm just repeating the posts here verbatim because they still say pretty • much
what I'd say today.

These came out of a spirited debate about Time Cruisers in January of 1998 • in
rec.toys.lego.  The name of the thread was "In defense of TLG and their
themes," started by Daniel Miller.

(I wish I could, but I can't repost other people's messages from the thread
here without their permission.  But you can still read all the messages in
the thread at Deja.com:  <http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=317416877>.)

--Todd