 Dear LEGO / 896
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:49:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
[snip]

The images and text found on LEGO.com are designed to be viewed in a
particular context; that is, pages which are designed to provide a particular
experience through the display of said images and text. The images, which were
the specific items in question, are not intended to be viewed all on their
lonesome (that is, out of the context in which they were meant to be seen).
Can they be viewed that way? Yes (sometimes). Do we prefer that you not view
them that way? Again, yes. This is, please note, a preference. And so we ask,
out of respect for the intended design of the pages, that you not publish
links to individual images in the various image directories.

[snip]

Brad I think you might need a MeatWorld analogy to help you here.
Think of the Web as a giant printing press spewing out paper day and night...

Yep thats the facts, If I *spider* your whole site every 6 weeks and allow
others to view your site as of a past date and look at vs to another date I can
and YOU MUST EXPECT I WILL.
So *only* put up information you are comfortable with having this happen to,
just like a Newspaper Ad, paper flyer or paper catalog. Its in a puplic archive
some where, still there after 20 years, gathering fingerprints from LEGO nuts.

Hope this clears it up for you.
DaveG