 Dear LEGO / 326
Re: Architectural Wonders theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 23:10:20 GMT

Gary Istok wrote in message <37406F1E.468BEB89@umich.edu>...

Some of the things I would like to make for an architectural series would • be:

Empire State Building (New York City, USA)
York Minster (Gothic Cathedral, York England)
The Louvre (Palace, Paris France)
The Escorial (Palace, Spain)
The Abbey of Cluny (largest of all medieval monastery (destroyed), France)
Nymphenburg (Palace, Munich)
Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament, London England)
Medieval City Walls and Kaiserburg (Imperial Castle, Nueremberg, Germany)
Lincoln Memorial (Washington, D.C.)
Wiener Staatsopern (Opera House, Vienna)

I'm looking to create a "Sears Tower" type office building in minifig scale
for the town I'm constructing.   Rather than using the usual window frames
I'm endeavouring to use those clear 1x4x3 clear blue walls.

It's a pity that TLG never released an "office Tower" set although to be
fair many of their bigger Town sets had Office tower type buildings as
alternative sets.

Sanjay