 Dear LEGO / 321
Re: Architectural Wonders theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:33:41 GMT

Like Kevin wrote,

A lego building needs to be >a certain size to get any kind of decent detailing.
That's true about the puzzle size. However, I'm not so sure about the
building size in a lego set.

I made an office building for the official opening and made it at a minifig scale, just using foto's and drawings to make the scale right. The minifigs were posted at and looking outside the windows and in the hall. Some employees were glad and said hey thats me Im looking out of my window !

Look at the difference between Karim and
others' tiny SW models and Lego's minifig scale SW models. The microfig
models still capture the essence of the original.

Karim did some nice work,  yes !

A microfig scale model of, say St Pauls might be a big set but it wouldn't be a $1000 set.

But it depends on the size ot the building.

I think others later in this thread are right that minifig scale Large
Building sets are probably impractical. But we're not necessarily
talking large buildings here. There are famous small buildings in the
world which could be done to minifig scale, as could the "historic
domestic architecture" example generally.

It depends at all time on the details of the building, but how many details do you expect  to see ?

Of course all this is pie-in-the-sky dreaming, but hey, we can dream.
I wonder what would happen if someone outside Lego put together sets
like this from available parts and sold them?

It would sell at large quantities at the right price.
Keep building
Nico