 Dear LEGO / 319
Re: Architectural Wonders theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 12:17:43 GMT

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote
That's true about the puzzle size. However, I'm not so sure about the
building size in a lego set. Look at the difference between Karim and
others' tiny SW models and Lego's minifig scale SW models. The microfig
models still capture the essence of the original. A microfig scale model
of, say St Pauls might be a big set but it wouldn't be a $1000 set.

I guess so. I haven't really thought too much about that, because I look
at it more as a supply of hard-to-find parts :) Imagine being able to
make bus/tour coach models with a heap of 5 high windows in them. No
more of this getting two usable windows in a $200 Black Bat Truck,
but instead 50 usable windows in a $1000 set. Dreamer, I'm nothing
but a dreamer...

I wonder what would happen if someone outside Lego put together sets
like this from available parts and sold them?

They'd be Suzanne. I mean, "like Suzanne", yeah that's it. She does
custom minifigs IIRC. And I think Larry or the PNTLC did a custom train
thing once.

But imagine the part count... it would have to be Mike Stanley or someone
else who buys bulk buckets at sale prices. Imagine - the Arc de Triomphe
available in five colours, one set of each :)

--
moz1 at ihug either .com.au or .co.nz
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~moz1/index.html