 Dear LEGO / 1572 (-20)
  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) Apples and oranges. Yes, the current line of sets is rather less than we could wish, but instituting a service in which I can buy one tile for 1 cent is going to bankrupt the company. Some restrictions will be needed or it will fail. Why does (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Brad Justus...

You lost me here. Is the internet changing everything or isn't it? Are low value add middlemen going away or aren't they? And what point are you trying to make, exactly? Not saying it isn't valid, just that I can't parse it out. (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) Not yet, that's what they do just before Chapter 11. Already they have had to ditch an almost entirely electronic affair in favor of "bricks and mortar" warehousing. And that's not the end of it either... I see the splitting stocks and 0 (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) Then it will bankrupt the company anyway, because if they think kids want either this junior junk, or their unusually lame CD-ROM games -- then their whole marketing theory is wrong. They need to get back to brick basics and pronto. TLC's (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Brad Justus...

I want to order anything I want. But I'm willing to accept a 6 month lead time and a K8 per color minimum quantity as long as I am not constrained from reselling (even if a constraint is placed on what my markup can be, I can live with that) I can (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is LEGO listening?

(...) I don't know about the video control software, but: you don't really even _want_ the Mindstorms software. It's no great loss. (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is LEGO listening?

(...) But not the Mindstorms software and almost certainly not the soon-to-be- released Video Control software. DLC (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is LEGO listening?

(...) Umm, look into DACTA/Pitsco. They offer a Mac Cable specifically as an add-on to Mindstorms. So I'm guessing their RoboLab software also runs on the Mac. Steve (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) Ok. :) (...) If that's what you think will happen, I think you're going to be disappointed. Let's talk some numbers here. Minimums "not too far out of reach of the average builder." Ok, what's that? 10 egg-shaped trees? That's a fair amount of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) I have to disagree with this pretty strongly. My idea of the bulk orders service would include minimums not too far out of reach of the average builder, and at a price that would make subsequent smaller auctions unlikley. The whole internet (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Model Shop Inventories

(...) production Here's an example of a K8 box: (URL) this case it's not full of bulk bricks, but just a convenient container for newly purchased sets). (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Is LEGO listening?

In the off chance they are, and Brad was for real (although we haven't heard anything since the announcement) I'll post my query here. Ahem. When will LEGO support the Macintosh for the RIS? Certainly the near release of RIS 2.0 with the USB based (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Model Shop Inventories

[snip] (...) if they (...) Those would (...) Actually I think I did see trans-dark-blue heads in sets also. I only remember there's one in 5808. It is printed with a fish and used for the small aquarium in the Belville Castle. I think they've been (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Model Shop Inventories

(...) <big snip> Doesn't the 'Ultimate LEGO Book' have pictures of LLC buildings being built at the model shops in Denmark? I don't think the Enfield model shop builds anything for LLC - the build stuff for the Imagination Centers; for the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Model Shop Inventories

Does that mean there are still K8s of light blue bricks and plates laying around there that we might talk them out of? ;-) I say that because there are all SORTS of pieces at LLC in light blue that never came in a production set, and aren't used in (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Model Shop Inventories

It's a good thing somebody sent me this one.... Thanks J1. The Enfield model shop orders it's pieces from the stores of the production runs. While it was possible to have a custom run made for a large (20+ K8's. A K8 is approximately a 2'x 1'x 1' (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brad Justus...

(...) Thanks Ray, I must have missed your reply. It certainly makes you wonder how they handle the two processes. Gary Istok (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brad Justus...

Gary, This sounds oh-so-similar to a question I asked here... (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lose the Plastic Thingies (tm)

(...) I echo the sentiments that playscapes are bad, bad, bad. Memo to Lego: Please, please, please stop trying to mimic other toy manufacturers. Stop trying to recreate what works for other toy companies, and return again to your strengths: (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lose the Plastic Thingies (tm)

With wheels and a pull along handle, sized to just fit in carryon. I really don't need clothes, but perhaps one small compartment for a toothbrush? (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact