 Dear LEGO / 129
Re: New Service Packs for 1999..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:21:52 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Dear LEGO,

You've gotten some good new 1999 service packs.  First of all the black
sloped bricks are great (even though 2 important black sloped pieces are
missing from this set).  The green bricks as a separate pack are great
also, as are the black and white plates.

Here are some ideas for 2000.  These would enhance your service pack
lineup:

1) 2x2 windows in assorted colors.  The biggest gripe among TOWN LEGO
collectors is that there aren't enough windows available in any of your
sets since the LONDON BUS in 1975.  The 2x2 are a great start.  Sell
them in bulks of 50 or so.

And left side hinged doors!!!!  In all colors!!!!

2) Arches -  By color or size.  This would be a great seller, in any
color.

Definitely!!!  I never have enough arches!

3) Rounded bricks.  The 1x1 round bricks, 1x1 cone bricks, 2x2 cylinder
bricks, and 2x2 "macaroni" bricks would be great parts to sell in a
"Rounded Bricks" parts pack.  Sell by color.

Put me down for 5 sets of each color to start with

3) The service pack for sloped bricks, but in Blue.

Gary, How may blue slopes do you want - I have a ton that I never use.

4) Tile bricks - by color - in 1x1, 1x2, 1x2 (with central hole), 2x2,
1x4, 1x8.

Or even the Dacta Tile set available from S@H.

5) Clear bricks parts pack - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 2x2, 2x3,
2x4.

With clear slopes!!!

6) Clear plates parts pack - 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4.

And make clear tiles - I'd kill for clear tiles in larger sizes.  A nice
library with clear tile floors in a catwalk shelf section.  Too cool.

Even if you only tried to produce a few of these items,  there would be
a big demand.

Gary Istok