 Dear LEGO / 128
Re: New Service Packs for 1999..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:38:26 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Gary Istok wrote:

1) 2x2 windows in assorted colors.  The biggest gripe among TOWN LEGO
collectors is that there aren't enough windows available in any of your
sets since the LONDON BUS in 1975.  The 2x2 are a great start.  Sell
them in bulks of 50 or so.

Better yet... how about letting us have _all_ the windows which used to
be available, not just the 2x2's! I have the windows from my childhood
60's and 70's Lego and they are far more use if you want to build
realistic buildings than the single size of opening windows. In fact the
best I've found to look like double-hung sash windows are a couple of
1x3x2 windows stacked on top of each other. Unfortunately I only have 4
of them.

Best of all, the entire window selection available in packs of a single
type so we can get exactly what we need.

I'm not holding my breath...

(plotting to swap new-style opening windows for the 60's windows my
nephew and niece have from my sister's old Lego...)

Kevin Wilson
Vancouver, BC

Kevin is correct, I DO want all of the old "Classic Style" windows & doors
(but I was being more realistic).  However, as owner of one of the largest
Classic window & door collections in RTL, I would love to get more.

So.....

Dear LEGO, please include in this list the following "classic" windows &
doors, which were known as 214/1 thru 214/10 in old 1960's service packs.
They include:

Classic 1x3x2 size door
Classic 1x1x1 small window
Classic 1x2x1 small window
Classic 1x1x2 small window
Classic 1x2x2 window (currently in production)
Classic 1x2x3 window
Classic 1x2x4 window
Classic 1x2x6 window with shutters
Classic 1x2x6 window with 3 panes
Classic 1x3x6 large window

Most of these were only available in red and white, with a few in yellow
(except the 2x2 which is available in all colors).  So, availability of
these windows in all colors would be great.

Thanks,
Gary Istok