 Database / Set Inventories / 697
Re: A (somewhat unhelpful) Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 03:27:12 GMT

Heather Patey <hpatey@nfld.com> wrote:
But growing all the time.  If we could get the raw data from Tim Vattima's
inventories and add LDRAW numbers to them, we'd be booming for sure.

yah, it's something that should be doable, and Steve already has a
translation table, that's how he links from partsref to the Vattima
inventories.  One day, when I have time, I'll do the same :)

This is
probably a good time to throw into the ring another tool I've made up to verify
inventories using Excel - a way to make an HTML document with a picture of each
piece in an inventory, in the correct colour.

http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/bhpatey/lego/visinv.htm

I'll take a look at that when I'm at a windows box - could you say until
then what it does?

Lastly (what? post things separately? never!) what is the most efficient way of
sending Peeron corrections, either renaming/renumbering a piece throughout or
adding/deleting to one inventory?

well, either post it here (both Jennifer and I read this group) or send mail
to inv@peeron.com - that goes to both Jennifer and I :)

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:6892_1>:  Modular Space Transport (LEGO/SYSTEM/Space/Classic), '86, 141 pcs, 2 figs