Re: Cave of Exile: Dark Secrets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:31:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Wilson Raska writes:
After many hours of working on this, it's finally done, the next chapter in
my series.  It takes off where Quest for the Crystals left off, where they
were just entering the Cave of Exile.  If you haven't read that story yet,
or forgot how it went, I would suggest you read it before you read the new one.

Awesome - in the sense of the word.  In the sense that I was filled with awe
as I went from page to page and read the story.

Thanks!

Also, I am now convinced
that I should edit all my pictures for all my stories as much as possible -
they REALLY help in setting the mood.

I love the action and I really like the spells.  And be honest - has some of
your influence come from Final Fantasy games?  You pull it off very, very
well.

Actually, a lot of the influence in my stories comes from Final Fantasy,
they are some of my favorite games and have some of the most mesmerizing
characters, enemies, and spells.  I try to do the best I can with the spells
in order to live up to the Final Fantasy caliber of effects.

And finally - tell me about Vincent's sword ... how did you do it?

When me and my family were out to eat one night, I picked up a few of those
sword-shaped swizzle-sticks and thought that they would make neat minifig
weapons.  I cut off the little loop part and spray painted it silver.  I
found out that they didn't fit that well in the minifig's hands so I wrapped
electrical tape around the handle to make it fit better.  It was actually
pretty simple.

You're the man,

Thanks again!

-- Pawel

Another note:  I wanted to reply to your post announcing your new
characters, but was so caught up in building my story that I didn't have
time.  So I guess now is as good a time as any.

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/

I really liked Reganok and his steed, awesome use of the Hydronauts head!  I
thought about using the dragon wings like that on Odin, but they just didn't
look right.

The descriptions of all the characters are excellent.  I can't wait to see
them in your story.  Especially Phoenix, who looks very powerful and
commanding.  Baergar is awesome too, and that Desert Ox he rides is
absolutely fantastic.

Great job on those, can't wait to see your next chapter!

No, you da man!

Wilson