Re: Wizard's Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Andy Lynch writes:
Chris,
Really like this one a lot.  Lots of great details.  Love the
crenellations on the roof, I've never seen that design before, and it
really looks great.  I'm always fond of realistic looking trees too.
:-)

Thanks for the comments.  Like I said earlier, I was trying to do something
a little different.  And I'm really glad everyone likes my trees; it seems
the only person who isn't satisfied with them is me. :-)

Nice use of that baseplate... I have a couple of those and they really
are a pain in the neck to work with in my opinion.

YES, they are, but if you can pull it off I think it adds a lot to the
structure.  The most notable, and best, IMO, use of this bp was Jeff
Johnston's Desert Fortress.

Packed full of great details inside too... Love the little corner
shelves, the piles of magic supplies, and the bookshelves too.  My jaw
dropped when I saw how many Harry Potter books you have there... wow.
:-)

That would be thanks to a certain Brickbay seller <cough, Troy, cough>. ;-)
Really tho, the building wouldn't have been the same without a proper
library, so they're a very important part of the design.

-Chris