 Castle / 9486
Re: Future Castle Legends Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 04:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Knoot writes:
Since everyone seems to have an opinion on the new Legends series, I thought
it would be fun to have a little poll on which sets we want Lego Direct to
release for its next Castle Legends (or Classics, for that matter) offering.
(understanding, of course that this may be a ways off)  In the FUN nature of
this excersise, let's keep the criticism and critiques of other people's
choices to a minimum, no matter how unlikely you think their choices may be.
(You want the Witch's Windship?  Fine.  Yellow Castle with original helmets?
Great.)  Let's also try to limit ourselves to THREE sets, since, after all,
most of us wish every set ever made was still in print and available from LD!

Here's mine:

6062 - Battering ram.  Lots of castle walls and corners, 3 Black Falcons, 2
Crossed Axe & 1 Lion Crusaders.  And it "plugs in" with the Guarded Inn!

6066 - Camouflaged Outpost.  Another great low-pricepoint set that features
6 of the highly regarded original Forestmen, including black, red, and blue
ones.  Also has the black feathers.  6071 (forest lady + each of the
forestmen, but no black feather) would be just as good.

6040 & 6041 two-pack.  (Drat, I'm already cheating on my own 3-set limit
rule!)The Blacksmith & Armor Shop.  Two great complimentary small sets(under
$10, originally).  They "plug in" to each other and to the Guarded Inn.
Each comes with rare elements, such as the black sword and pitchfork.  Since
you are not reissueing the packaging, you could release them together in one
box for one price!

Now I'm anxious to read everyone else's want list!

Kevin

Ok.  Here's another want list, "What I want":o)  It is as narrowed down as I
can get it!!!!

1--6062 Battering Ram
2--6071 Forestmen's Crossing
3--6060 Knight's Challenge
4--6074 Black Falcon's Fortress
5--6081 King's Mountain Fortress
6--6040 Blacksmith Shop
7--6041 Armor Shop
8--6057 Sea Serpent
9--6103 Castle Mini Figures
10-6086 Black Knight's Castle
11-6034 Black Monarch's Ghost
12-6023 Maiden's Cart
13-6080 King's Castle
14-1597 Castle Value Pack
15-1906 Majisto's Tower
16-6046 Hemlock Stronghold
17-6090 Royal Knight's Castle

AND now for some important additions from the larger LEGO community!!!!!
*1--6265 Sabre Island
*2--6267 Lagoon Lock-Up
*3--6273 Rock Island Refuge
*4--6271 Imperial Flagship
*5--6277 Imperial Trading Post
*6--6285 Black Seas Barracuda

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!!!!!!
**1--6350 Pizza To Go
**2--6318 Flowers, Trees and Fences
**3--6349 Holiday Villa
**4--6355 Derby Trotter
**5--6372 Town House

AND that was the SHORT list!!!!!!!!!
There are many more that I'd love to see, but I had better just keep wishing.

So if I just pick three they would be
A) 6060 Knight's Challenge
B) 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress
C) 6081 King's Mountain Fortress
and your honorable mention bustin' the 3 limit IS,
D) 6040 & 6041 Blacksmith Shop & Armor Shop.

See, you just can not pick three!  It is impossible!
-Aaron-
More bricks for this little black duck.