 Castle / 8811
  Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

As some of you might know, I just came out of my Dark Ages. As my post-Dark Ages masterpiece, I'm going to build a replica of J.R.R Tolkien's Middle Earth, very very microfig-style. However, I want to build Barad-Dur (Sauron's MASSIVE tower in (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

About the only word to describe the dimensions of Barad-Dur that you have proposed is wow. wow, wow, wow, wow, wow and wow some more! But seriously if you intend to put as much care and effort into it as you have done planning this thing out, it (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Being a HUGE Tolkien fan, I'd like to provide some input. *Please note that I favour John Howe's paintings of Tolkien's work the most, so I will give links to his paintings. (...) Nitpick: Rivendell (A.K.A. Imladris, The Last Homely House) is (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Thanks for your reply, and I just thought I'd take this time to thank everyone on Lugnet for being some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Without people like you, this world would be a much worse place to live in. By the way, I went and tried (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Wow, that was some really good constructive criticism there and that gallery should help alot. Although I didn't realize who it was by, that painting of Barad-Dur was what I was going to base my model off of. I don't quite know if I can make (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Yay, Tolkien! If LEGO has to go after licenses, I really wish they would get a LOTR deal. I would like to do the Prancing Pony one day. (...) I have a wizard I made that was inspired by Radagast. I'll put up a pic. The other two wizards were (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) If you need black heads, buy a couple of sith infiltrators, you will get 3 black heads AND a darth maul head. (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Radagast would probably work better with wolfpack torso, brown legs, brown Star Wars cowl and cape. Reverse the torso and switch the arms around if you don't like the wolfpack symbol. For Gandalf, the gray peasant torso, find some gray arms (I (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) (URL) a look at that for Dwarves. Brian did an excellent job on the site: If you haven't seen it, look at it! (And don't give him trouble about the legobuilders part. :) (...) Holy moly!!! Sounds neato! What about Sauron? What will he look (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

(...) Bah, I could care less about the legobuilders thing, that's an awesome site. Those dwarves look great--I'll definitely be using his method. (...) Well, I've never heard an actual description of Sauron other than in his giant bird form. (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) Hello Bill, Funny you should mention it. I was tinkering with some LOTR figures about two weeks ago. I've posted them for you to check out. (URL) think that I've taken them about as far as I'm going to. If you like any of my design elements (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  My LOTR minifigs, (was Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong))

(...) I have a first draft of my LOTR figures that I took pictures of last night. Maybe you can use some of the ideas. The 9 walkers in Hollin, with Legolas looking ahead with his keen elf eyes, and Gandalf and Aragorn leading Frodo, Sam and Bill. (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings

(...) Sauron was Morgoth's lieutenant in the Bad Ol' Days. Morgoth was the original Dark Lord, sort of a fallen-angel figure that had a great hand in the making of Middle-earth. He was originally known as Melkor, and was on the first rung of power (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

Todd I checked out your creations. Very nice. The black riders look very menacing. Great job. Hard to make the hobbits look shorter though. It would be nice if Lego would go more fantasy and come out with a hobbit, dwarf, or even child size minifig. (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) One method to make shorter looking mini-figs may be seen at this link: (URL) look a basic 1x2 black brick (or you can use 2 1x2 black plates for even shorter people) and painted one small gray/white line to make it look like legs and then 2 (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hobbits, Ringwraiths - minifig MOCs. Was: [Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)]

(...) I wholeheartedly agree. I hoped that lego would be forced to make a smaller minifigure when they purchased the rights to SW Episode I. It was pretty disappointing when Anakin turned out to be normal sized. Then I hoped that Lego would buy the (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.castle)