 Castle / 875 (+20)
  Re: Castle structure advice...

I'd go with the hinges. It's always an impressive engineering feat, and that way you really have *two* castles -- an 360-degree viewable castle for display (in unopened position), and a double-big cut-away castle to show off the interior. Better (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

Oooh, an underground dungeon would be so cool!!! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Someone mentioned Technic pins, which I think is the best way to go for large modular constructions--could you build it in six or seven vertically-integrated sections that then link together with Technic pins? That way you could pull it apart (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

Did you notice the decorated turning-wall pieces in some 2000 castle sets. I'm holding my fingers crossed, since it may very well be a transparent piece with printed decoration: a colored glass window. Eric Brok (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Magnets would be interesting indeed! They're quite strong, and you don't hafta line them up perfectly like technic pins. However, you might have trouble lining them up horizontally for use in a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Dave, Todd, Thanks very much. (...) Actually except for the woman in the Witch torso they are all SW torso's. (The only castle set I currently have is the Night Lords Castle - except for Ninga of course but we won't go there again :-) ). The (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) If there's some constructive criticism I can give, then it would have to be that the surface walls of the walls are a bit even and "dull". If you could put some more "texture" on the surface, it may look even more realistic. Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I linked to Fibblesnork pages with the hope she'd check the minifigures out, but I didn't know about John DiR's page. Cool. Thanks, Larry. This is one of the most useful things about Fibblesnork - the minifig scans. Fibblesnork is no longer (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I agree it still fills a big need, Pause only gives you the catalog scan of most sets, Fibblesnork gives you the minifigs, another view since he uses 99% Instruction scans, and everything lumped together by series and genre. Granted you can do (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think your castle church is cool, nice and simple. Some people go way over board. I am going build on myself soon. I just constructed a hugh Hotel. Great design, you should create a LDRAW file, because it is not too big! See ya Jim (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rose window question

(...) Hmmm. Well, as much as I've considered building a Cathedral, I've never done it. My own suggestion for rose windows would be to use the stepped half-arches and the stepped inverted half arches (I don't know what other people call them, but the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I quite like it! It's very reminicient of a small town Protestant church (being that it's not overdone and ornate like Catholic cathedrals). The overall feel of the building is excellent! The only thing I can find any sort of fault with is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) vertically-integrated (...) it (...) organic (...) My new castle is using the Technic pins, it has six modules. The size of the foundation, which is 13 bricks high, 2 burps high all around, is 4.5x4.5 baseplates (144x144 studs). There are 3 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Actually you got the feel I was going for (Small Protestant Church) thats mostly because my favorite Church that we attended when I was growing up was a very small Methodest/Protestant Church. We (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Fredrik, Thanks, You know I was thinking the same thing but I could not think of how to get do it. Do you have any suggestions? Would you just insert a dkgray brick or plate here and there to give it a more worn look? How else might I give it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Well, it's a really difficult question. You could try to insert some bricks with different colours in some odd places. (DkGrey, green, brown, tan, ...) Another way to achieve a slightly "worn" look would be to, in a somewhat random pattern, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice taken

OK, first of all thanks to everybody who responded to my original post. The discussion was extremely helpful, and gave an interesting look into how a lot of you build larger structures. After various considerations, I think the Technic-peg connected (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Oh I really like the idea of the 1x1 with side stud with a tile on it! Enough of that and you can really get a rough surface. It also raises the expense of the model using up all those tiles but I think it might be worth it. I will try this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think TLC would do well to hire you. This would be an easy set for them and probably go for 30-40 USD. And I would buy one for my Pirate town. Excellent work. Simple, elegant, imaginative. (the sound of two hands clapping) SteveC Perilous (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

(...) They are. I can see the little 1x4 "lip" in my catalog, and it is transparent. There are some other clues as well. Jeff P.S. Anyone nottice the large Lion's Head symbol inside the castle? Could it be a tapestry? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact