 Castle / 8250 (+20)
  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) First Year's aren't allowed at Hogsmeade, but I'll settle for the shops where they get their school supplies, Diagon Alley. Gringots!! Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

I remember seeing a news story where a japanese company was suing Disney for plagiarism over "The Lion King." Their character was named Kimba while the Disney version was named Simba. The stories were virtually the same. However, I'll bet Disney's (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) There is a difference between these two occurences. The Harry Potter lawsuit is over the fact that both books use the term "muggles" though to mean different things. Also there is a character in suer's book named Larry Potter but he in no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) So, in other words, they both ripped off Hamlet. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) I rather take it that Anime company failed. Simba is simply Swahili for "lion". And if they mean Kimba the White Lion, the stories weren't similiar at all, beyond being animated lions. Anytime something makes a lot of money, people come out of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) Not sure about this--here's a snippet culled from the ABC News site (excerpted here for purposes of review and discussion and intending no challenge to the copyright status of that fine site!) "Both books have characters known as Muggles. They (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Wow... wow... wow... wow... wow (one "wow" for each building). Kev, those are great. I love the variety - no two buildings are alike, yet they all go together. My favorite has to be the building on the far left (looks like a tavern or inn). Great (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) But might not the name similarity be sufficient? "Skywalker Records" was forcibly renamed after George Lucas' legal action. If I write a fantasy novel about a guy named Biblo Gabbins, wouldn't Tolkien's estate at the very least send me a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Beautiful Kevin! Are those full buildings with interiors or just faux fronts? Also what's the story with the picture behind them? Thanks for the sneak peak!! Christopher Pisciotti Loch Forest, CA (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

I'm glad you like my new MOC..... it's not going to be part of any story line... it is just a section for links, tips and techniques, customs, etc And yes each shoppe has a full interior..... there is no back on them.... Dont want to give away too (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Very nicely done. I like that the buildings are squished right up against each other. I'm looking forward to the updates. Bruce (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) So they can save Hogsmeade for the second book/movie (and the 3rd). What about Knockturne Lane (sp?) Steve (who finally gets the pun in Diagon Alley. I knew it had to be there, I just didn't get it) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Yeah, but visually, he would really dominate any scene he's in. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Wow...that's ..that's great ! I like the tavern , and the barn..and the...ow , I like it all ! I can't believe your'e not gonna include that in any storyline or anything Kev cause that is really good stuff. (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) Kimba the White Lion (Jungle Taitei) was created by the undisputed "God of Manga," Osamu Tezuka. He single-handedly changed the course of the Manga industry when he released a comic book in 1947 that was novel length and had the first (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Kevin, Beautiful work. I too have been working on some medieval town buildings that are pressed right up against each other. Yours have come out really well. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve... -Andy Lynch (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hmmm... I get your drift (no spoilers!). I think I might just re-read to see what pops out at me. Thanks! Aaron (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Greetings all... Every town needs a good Inn, and I think I have made a good start on one with this construction. I offer for your approval the Inn of the Waiting Wolf. Travellers from all over the realm look forward to sheltering under its roof, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Very nice! I really like the way you used the 1x4 tiles in the timbering. Stunning. And the flag mount is nifty too. Plus, nice brick usage on the roof; first non-ground use I've seen for them big green bricks. And those funny round bricks you used (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Like it a lot. reminds me of the 70's town sets (which is no bad thing) look forward to seeing the rest. "Andy Lynch" <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:GAMso4.4DD@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) all (...) with (...) you (...) buildings (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact