 Castle / 8240 (+20)
  A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Hiya all.... I just put a new MOC on Brickshelf for everyone to have a look at.... it's just a sneak peak at the update I'm doing for the Kingdom... (URL) ) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Let the teasing begin!

(...) all (...) by myth and fables. But hidden by the walls of the mirrored mist, a great secret lies hidden. One that will shake the very foundations of all that Ikrosians hold sacred. (URL) inside the magical tower of Olyian, a sleeping spirit (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) There were very serious talks about his work becoming an official extension of Tolkien's work (anything is better than Christopher Tolkien out-Bilboing his father with meandering editing). So, yes, McKiernan's work was originally intended as a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) But the Iron Tower trilogy which was written to give the base series for the later books to rest on had incredible correlation with Lord of the Rings. It seemed like every major scene had a parallel in Lord of the Rings. FUT: (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) And as long as we are letting the cat out of the bag (contents of the other books), I hope they also make additional castle sets for the other 2 competing Wizard Schools to Hogwarts. Katie (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) I doubt they would do that, as there were no scenes that actually happen at the two other schools. By the way, the village is called Hogsmeade and the two other schools are Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, for those who care but have faulty (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) A great deal of the alternate reality in LOTR/Tolkien books is based upon his understanding of Norse Mythology. He admitted publicly long ago that it was a prime influence for him, his initial interest was in drawing out mythical maps (from (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I don't recall Norbert being in the first book. Am I wrong? Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I think it is Diagon Alley, see my hopefuls list somewhere near the begining of this thread. Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) He's there, he just doesn't do much. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) First Year's aren't allowed at Hogsmeade, but I'll settle for the shops where they get their school supplies, Diagon Alley. Gringots!! Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

I remember seeing a news story where a japanese company was suing Disney for plagiarism over "The Lion King." Their character was named Kimba while the Disney version was named Simba. The stories were virtually the same. However, I'll bet Disney's (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) There is a difference between these two occurences. The Harry Potter lawsuit is over the fact that both books use the term "muggles" though to mean different things. Also there is a character in suer's book named Larry Potter but he in no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) So, in other words, they both ripped off Hamlet. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) I rather take it that Anime company failed. Simba is simply Swahili for "lion". And if they mean Kimba the White Lion, the stories weren't similiar at all, beyond being animated lions. Anytime something makes a lot of money, people come out of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) Not sure about this--here's a snippet culled from the ABC News site (excerpted here for purposes of review and discussion and intending no challenge to the copyright status of that fine site!) "Both books have characters known as Muggles. They (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

Wow... wow... wow... wow... wow (one "wow" for each building). Kev, those are great. I love the variety - no two buildings are alike, yet they all go together. My favorite has to be the building on the far left (looks like a tavern or inn). Great (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) But might not the name similarity be sufficient? "Skywalker Records" was forcibly renamed after George Lucas' legal action. If I write a fantasy novel about a guy named Biblo Gabbins, wouldn't Tolkien's estate at the very least send me a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

(...) Beautiful Kevin! Are those full buildings with interiors or just faux fronts? Also what's the story with the picture behind them? Thanks for the sneak peak!! Christopher Pisciotti Loch Forest, CA (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A SNEAK PEAK at ANDRASTAVIA UPDATE

I'm glad you like my new MOC..... it's not going to be part of any story line... it is just a section for links, tips and techniques, customs, etc And yes each shoppe has a full interior..... there is no back on them.... Dont want to give away too (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact