 Castle / 6056
Re: Chrome Knight's Kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:23:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joseph Eisele writes:
Cool, I like the idea of a paladin. I have been working on a rough design for
a chrome knight, maybe using the plumes from the dragon knights and black
knights series with the feathers on each side of the head and one plume on the
top.  Let me know when you update your site, maybe your design will be better
than mine.

Doubtful, I don't have any spare dragon plumes.  Well, no, thats not true, i
have no spare wing plumes, i don't use the dragon shaped plume, ever.  I just
never liked them, too big, too tall.  As for my paladins, they're probably all
going to be left over bodies from all the #375 knights i've bought, so aside
from their chrome armor, they'll be all one of 4 colors, except black, I have
no black plumes.  I'll probably just use regular plumes matching their body
color.  As for their heads, probably just plain smileys, i couldn't imagine a
paladin (being a 'holy' knight) being unshaven, or particularly menacing
looking, however i may use, and buy more star wars figures for the more
serious, stern heads, like qui gon, he looks quite severe.  The leader of the
group of paladins will most likely have more things to him, if I can manage
that, maybe using white or red small feathers in the sides of the helm, like I
did on my 'death' knight, to make it look like horns.  His face will most
likely be one much more harsh than the rest, and I may go for a menacing head
for him.

I like the idea of using the silver shields with the paladins.  Some of my evil
undead horde carry the regular bull shields, but you could easily imagine
either the evil horde mocking the paladins by carrying a bastardisation of
their shield, or the other way around.  I'm not sure which it's going to be.

I have an additional idea to tack on to this one.  I've been buying up #375
knights, as i've previously said, and have made them into a nice little elite
squad of knights.  Sir Hilsbrad is a good representation of the group.
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/hero.html
I've been thinking of naming them 'the Jackals', having the leader, 'the
Crimson Jackal' being the groups namesake.

Unlike the others, like Hilsbrad, 'the Crimson Jackal' who has yet to recieve
an actual name other than that, is a red and black body, from the ninja series,
the bad guy with the padded leather armor.  His face is, I believe, the same
face that came with the body.  White hair, unshaven, eyepatch, and a very
unhappy frown.  He wears an insectoid or UFO armor piece, which covers up the
tear in the leather armor, and the #375 helm fits perfectly in it.  His armor
piece is black, with a red helm and black visor.  He is one bad lookin dude.

Anyway, I'm thinking of having these knights be a special force created by my
king, Ulmerad, to deal with the paladins who are willing to fight both sides of
the war.  I think a battle between 'the Jackals' and the paladins would be
really something nifty.

Well, thats my two.. well, should i say four cents (what can i say, i can get
long winded)

--Anthony
People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is
out, But when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there
is a light from within.