 Castle / 3604
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:23:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
that's simply because I already have all the KK figs and although they are
really cool, they don't offer much variety.

You're telling me...I'm practically drowning in 'smirking knight' heads (from
4811...)  I got tired of seeing so many 'clone knights' that I took a bunch of
my 'figs, decapitated them, put all the Castle-appropriate heads in a bin, and
started randomly putting heads onto bodies.  Now I've got a fair amount of
variety in my generic soldiers.

That's what I did with my peasants. I tried to make them all look different,
they'll all be playing small roles in my story so I want them each to be
different. I mean, it'll look weird if a random peasant meets Scar, and then
just *happens* to look exactly like the guy who works on Marck's lands... if
you know what I mean...
I have an all castle-appropriate minifig bin. Basically any head without a
mike and/or sunglasses went in there... But I got left with an enourmous
amount of town torsos, and not enuff castle torsos. That's why I'm putting the
town torsos up for trade... but that's beside the point.
I tried to mix'n'match some stuff, which resulted in Kfir (Johnny T torso
w/out guns, qui-gon face and brown hair), Daphne (who has about twenty
thousand different outfits... you'll see), Flynt and others.

I've also thought about making a couple of separate bins with different
'types'
of faces - not all the same face, but faces that are all similar in some way -
to represent different nationalities, social classes, that sort of thing...but
I haven't tried it yet.

I realized pretty quickly that behind the kettle helmet, the Johnny Thunder
head looks SO MUCH like the smirking knight... except no beard... So I put
some JT faces on the 4811 knights just for a *bit* variety. I still have too
many of both tho' :-)

If I had a choice between having the 6091 KK figs or older figs instead... I
think I might choose KK.

I might - the princess, queen, and chainmail guy are awesome - unless the
older
'figs in question were one of the other sets that had a female (like the
King's
Mountain Fortress - Castle Chick *and* removable armor!)

Oh yah... but that's an exception, y'know. Most of the older sets just had
repeating clones... at least they were smiley clones tho', you could pretend
they had different faces ;-)

BTW, if the figs were dark[forest]men, I'd take them over the 6091s any day...
I want lots of these... they offer enough variety (IMO) without being
unrelated to each other. You can recognize a forestman like that <snaps
fingers> but each and every one of them is different... check out the
fibblesnork guide, there are, like, 40 different ones. Sheesh.

-Shiri