 Castle / 3595
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 06:39:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Is it the minifigs people want from long ago or is it just the better
set quality? Would poeple buy a 6080 or a 6073 or a 6090 with knights
kingdom figs?

For me its all about the figs even the better sets are not as good as anyone
here can do one their own.  Sure some give inspiration or have a cool rare • part
here and there but for me all I look for are fig's and generic parts I really
don't care much about sets and won't pay a premium to get them just for the
sake of having a set.

I think I have to agree with Eric.  I am more into MOC than putting together a
set.  The figs are the actors in my little plays and the sets give me parts
for the props and stage.  I can't imagine collecting all of the sets.  My wife
loves me, but I doubt she would put up with the expense or space required. :o)

To answer Jonathan's question, I think the newer figs are just as good as the
older ones.  The older figs just give more variety to the "people" inhabiting
my lego world.  My biggest problem with the newer sets is that they are just
facads. You can't make a complete castle with them, just the front side.  My
other gripe with the newer sets is the lack of basic blocks.

Bruce Duncan