 Castle / 3612
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
that's simply because I already have all the KK figs and although they are
really cool, they don't offer much variety.

Personally, I see little point with the "grunt" minifigs.  ;)

Huh? Which grunt minifigs? Bulls?

They generally
won't figure prominantly in a story, and in fact, they should probably all be
wearing redshirts, considering what will happen to most of them in a lot of
our
stories...  ;)

LOL!

I have an all castle-appropriate minifig bin. Basically any head without a
mike and/or sunglasses went in there... But I got left with an enourmous
amount of town torsos, and not enuff castle torsos. That's why I'm putting
the
town torsos up for trade... but that's beside the point.
I tried to mix'n'match some stuff, which resulted in Kfir (Johnny T torso
w/out guns, qui-gon face and brown hair), Daphne (who has about twenty
thousand different outfits... you'll see), Flynt and others.

I've got a bag of "good" heads and a bag of "bad" heads.  The "good" bag has
heads I like, and heads I think would work well as generic figs.  The "bad"
bag
has heads I don't like (willa the witch) or heads that are way too specific.
The rest of my minifig parts are sorted by theme (torsos, hats), color (legs),
and type (accessories).  :)

Heads that are way too specific are good for me, so long as I don't have
multiples of them. eg Storms' faces (both Princess *and* Gail :)

I've also thought about making a couple of separate bins with different
'types' of faces - not all the same face, but faces that are all similar in
some way - to represent different nationalities, social classes, that sort
of
thing...but I haven't tried it yet.

I realized pretty quickly that behind the kettle helmet, the Johnny Thunder
head looks SO MUCH like the smirking knight... except no beard... So I put
some JT faces on the 4811 knights just for a *bit* variety. I still have too
many of both tho' :-)

Hmmm...  I may have to try that...  I could differentiate between the
Swordsmen
and the Halberdiers in another way besides what weapon they carry!  :)

Cool!

If I had a choice between having the 6091 KK figs or older figs instead...
I think I might choose KK.

I might - the princess, queen, and chainmail guy are awesome - unless the
older 'figs in question were one of the other sets that had a female (like
the King's Mountain Fortress - Castle Chick *and* removable armor!)

Y'know, right know I'm leaning towards making 6081 King's Mountain Fortress my
second favorite castle...  :)  It makes me wonder why some people dislike it
so
much...

Second... after what? (375?)

Oh yah... but that's an exception, y'know. Most of the older sets just had
repeating clones... at least they were smiley clones tho', you could pretend
they had different faces ;-)

I like clones...  They make a very impressive army!  :)

That's not what I meant. I like clones too - to a certain degree. I wish TLC
would make "clone" soldiers that each had a *different* face... or at least
some had different faces. Like in the FK for example.

BTW, if the figs were dark[forest]men, I'd take them over the 6091s any
day...
I want lots of these... they offer enough variety (IMO) without being
unrelated to each other. You can recognize a forestman like that <snaps
fingers> but each and every one of them is different... check out the
fibblesnork guide, there are, like, 40 different ones. Sheesh.

Yeah, but the differences are resigned to feather size and color.  That never
really meant anything to me...

Well... there are quite a few different ones. Like the baggie torso, the armor
torso, and then the whole dark forest line had other torsos.

And, IMO, having color differences is MUCH better than just clones. Gives a
bit variety, etc.

-Shiri