 Castle / 3618
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:32:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
Personally, I see little point with the "grunt" minifigs.  ;)

Ooohh...  Oops!!  :)  A "grunt" is the nameless, facesless front line soldier
of an army.  They basically have no purpose but to fight on the front lines.
In certain instances, they are refered to as "Cannon Fodder".  ;)  These terms
are often used in Wargaming and Role Playing.  If you still have questions,
email me and I'll try to explain it  more in-depth.  :)

Oh-- OH! I get it now... I understand things very fast when I'm explained to
verrrrry slooooowly.... :-)

6080 King's castle.  :)  It was in your survey...

Well, there was alot of stuff on my survey... you can't expect me to
remember 'em all, can ya?

Ummm...  Yeah?  j/k...  Sorry.  :)

LOL! "Whaddaya mean, you don't remember?!?!"

Oh, you mean the different types have different faces?

Well... sort of. even that'd be better than total clones.
But what I meant was that each soldier (not each *type*) would have a
different face, or a different feather, or color, etc. Forestmen come close,
but I'd like more face variety. It doesn't have to be too much - just a smirk
on one, a scratch/scar on another one's face... something to differentiate,
y'know? I hate it when they all look the same, AND are way too defined. Then
they are simply clones and nothing more-- I don't like those AT ALL.

But then you can't refer to them as "grunts" anymore...  ;)

...again, I like the smiley face "grunt"s (eg falcons) much better than (in my
definition) "clones" (eg 4811 fig). The clones are not faceless! They just all
have the same face! OTOH, "grunts" are totally faceless - just a smiley or
something.
That's my take on it, at least.

I'd take grunts over clones any day.

Yeah - that's what I meant too ;-)
I think that's what makes me like them - they can be personalized/customized
without being too different from their army (eg I can have a blue archer and
red archer, they might be on the same unit, and they'd look enough alike to
realize that. But OTOH they would have personal attributes, which allow you
pick them out of a whole group.)

Ah, okay.  :)  I like the forestmen and wolfpack to be slightly different just
to give them a rag-tag look...  None are the same because there is no real
orgainzation and uniform.  :)

Oh... well... yeah, that too. That hadn't crossed my mind at all. Oh well,
there goes my theory...
*CRASH* *BOOM!*
Ouch...!

:-)