 Castle / 3599
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Is it the minifigs people want from long ago or is it just the better
set quality? Would poeple buy a 6080 or a 6073 or a 6090 with knights
kingdom figs?

I'm gonna have to agree with what a lot of people have said so far-- As Eric K.
said, I love MOC's more than any set. Set "quality" in terms of playiblility
and looks doesn't mean too much for me. For me, set quality is piece variety.
As for I want old sets, it's primarily to get minifigs, and for piece selection
(there's a lot of pieces you just can't get from service packs, and a lot of
new sets are lacking).

As for 'figs, my favorite torsos (the real cost of 'figs after all) are
Crusaders style, Black Falcons, and some of the new stuff (some FK, some DF,
and most KK).

And as Jeff S. said, I'd also like ~4 CONSTANT 'teams'-- kinda like the "golden
age" of castle... Crusaders and Black Falcons sets were offered for about 9
years! That's about 3 times the lifespan of 'current' themes :( It was great
for building up armies without repeating the same sets over and over again.
That's another reason to want older sets-- it's the only way to add numbers to
your out of production armies!

DaveE