 Castle / 3609
Re: A question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
that's simply because I already have all the KK figs and although they are
really cool, they don't offer much variety.

You're telling me...I'm practically drowning in 'smirking knight' heads (from
4811...)  I got tired of seeing so many 'clone knights' that I took a bunch
of my 'figs, decapitated them, put all the Castle-appropriate heads in a bin,
and started randomly putting heads onto bodies.  Now I've got a fair amount
of variety in my generic soldiers.

Personally, I see little point with the "grunt" minifigs.  ;)  They generally
won't figure prominantly in a story, and in fact, they should probably all be
wearing redshirts, considering what will happen to most of them in a lot of our
stories...  ;)

I have an all castle-appropriate minifig bin. Basically any head without a
mike and/or sunglasses went in there... But I got left with an enourmous
amount of town torsos, and not enuff castle torsos. That's why I'm putting the
town torsos up for trade... but that's beside the point.
I tried to mix'n'match some stuff, which resulted in Kfir (Johnny T torso
w/out guns, qui-gon face and brown hair), Daphne (who has about twenty
thousand different outfits... you'll see), Flynt and others.

I've got a bag of "good" heads and a bag of "bad" heads.  The "good" bag has
heads I like, and heads I think would work well as generic figs.  The "bad" bag
has heads I don't like (willa the witch) or heads that are way too specific.
The rest of my minifig parts are sorted by theme (torsos, hats), color (legs),
and type (accessories).  :)

I've also thought about making a couple of separate bins with different
'types' of faces - not all the same face, but faces that are all similar in
some way - to represent different nationalities, social classes, that sort of
thing...but I haven't tried it yet.

I realized pretty quickly that behind the kettle helmet, the Johnny Thunder
head looks SO MUCH like the smirking knight... except no beard... So I put
some JT faces on the 4811 knights just for a *bit* variety. I still have too
many of both tho' :-)

Hmmm...  I may have to try that...  I could differentiate between the Swordsmen
and the Halberdiers in another way besides what weapon they carry!  :)

If I had a choice between having the 6091 KK figs or older figs instead...
I think I might choose KK.

I might - the princess, queen, and chainmail guy are awesome - unless the
older 'figs in question were one of the other sets that had a female (like
the King's Mountain Fortress - Castle Chick *and* removable armor!)

Y'know, right know I'm leaning towards making 6081 King's Mountain Fortress my
second favorite castle...  :)  It makes me wonder why some people dislike it so
much...

Oh yah... but that's an exception, y'know. Most of the older sets just had
repeating clones... at least they were smiley clones tho', you could pretend
they had different faces ;-)

I like clones...  They make a very impressive army!  :)

BTW, if the figs were dark[forest]men, I'd take them over the 6091s any day...
I want lots of these... they offer enough variety (IMO) without being
unrelated to each other. You can recognize a forestman like that <snaps
fingers> but each and every one of them is different... check out the
fibblesnork guide, there are, like, 40 different ones. Sheesh.

Yeah, but the differences are resigned to feather size and color.  That never
really meant anything to me...

Jeff