 Castle / 3577
Re: Introduction, and my project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 01:09:30 GMT

Hi Chris!

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Lindsey writes:
Howdy all,

  I just came ot of the Dark Ages after the New Year, having been away
for about 10 years (more like
  15 if if you only count "serious" Lego endeavors.

Welcome! Good to have you back! (Well, in a way :)

  I've had to start anew since my parents still have all of my old
Legos (and intend to keep them for
  grandchildren, although I think they probably just like to play as
much as I do),

LOL!

but I'm having fun
  nonetheless.  I'm mainly interested in the castle series, and to that
end I've put photos of my first
  project up at:

     http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/

  Since I don't have many pieces yet, I've decided to depict it as it's
being built, complete with minifig
  workers, a crane, scaffolding, etc.

Looks great! I like the way you use "old" looking scaffoldings and peasants
working on the castle. I tried that but didn't go very far...:

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/lions_cove.html

That project is pretty much on hold, if not completely terminated :-(
When (if :-) I finish my first chapter (in my 'storyline'), the reasons will
be explained (1).

  There are also some cool (I think) "weatherized" photos at
http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/weather/kingrear-weather-5-640.jpg
http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/weather/tower-weather-5-640.jpg
http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/weather/fullfront-weather-640.jpg

Indeed very cool! Love the effects. Personally I don't go there (digitally
adding bkg, etc) but I really like Pawel's and your backgrounds.

  I know these don't compare with some of your creations, but it's fun
anyhow.  And I'm really excited
  to have found a support (err, I mean user) group.

LOL again... we're an excellent support group! I think you'll find us all a
bit crazy(2), but nice and fun nonetheless!

-Shiri

(1) Not the real reasons -- just an excuse :-) Y'know, like when an actor
quits a show, they pretend he died/got divorced etc... (Lion's Cove got
divorced! <grin>)

(2) See here for a brief example:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=3561