 Publishing / 1819
Re: Photoshop Tricks in Pause(Was: Re: Background Screening)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:32:19 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dave Lovelace writes:

Ah, Photoshop....where would we be without it?

I for one used it to clean up a few images in Pause...check out this doozy:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1510

The lower half was completely hand-drawn except for the box scan...little • white
airbrushed stars, and a shadow to the right of the Spy-Bot box, too.  My
scanner wasn't big enough for this big honkin card so I had to get creative.

Here's another one, same deal:  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1507

And this monster...my card was so ripped I had to practically start from
scratch...it's obviously not done yet!

How about this Landing Plate one!  I couldn't fit the whole thing on my
scanner...you'll see an ugly seam over the "g" in "Legoland."  The seam
continues all the way down through the 497.  Me worky bad.

Very cool! It's good to see some one else hacking out Photoshop post-
production. Every image on my site has gone through the photoshop mill.
For my catalog images I'm pretty big on removing seams, tears or bends in the
paper. e.g.:

http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/index/8400/8480-2i.html

Secrets revealed!  What's next?  Airbrushing skin imperfections on an
Islander-babe spread in Playblock?

Actually I fix imperfections in all of my element images (although I dont use
the airbrush!).

Jim