 Publishing / 1795
Re: Background Screening (was: Re: Introduction, and my project...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:20:06 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Christopher Lindsey writes:
Richard Franks wrote:

[snip]
Using these two before and after photos as an example:

  http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/kingrear-640.jpg
  http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/lego/castle/weather/kingrear-weather-5-640.jpg

Great stuff just a couple of pointers that can make a good pic
insainly cool Here is your Pick with three slight differences
http://24.113.91.23/pub/lego_parts/kingrear-640-dhg.jpg

Use the Image:Adjust:Levels Menu and Move White point In a bit
Move Center until Noise vs Detail is ok. Use more lights from
more directions when shooting too. Even weak ones(I still forget).

The sky should have an axis tilt, Make your Sky with Bryce or
transform a Filter:Render Clouds on a larger temp file and copy
good bit.

Use MagicWand at low tolrnce and no antialias and the Select:Similer
Remove unwanted selection bits with (option/alt) box select tool.
Working on the Selection using ruby mode can help too.

Very cool stuff dude, keep at it.
DaveG
ps: check out my LEGO comics at http://24.113.91.23/STAC.html