 Publishing / 1800
Re: Background Screening (was: Re: Introduction, and my project...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 02:38:19 GMT

As it was a post/thread about HOW-To get the effect not his/her final I
did not see this as an issue.
However in general I would agree.

Hi Dave,

   I agree with both of you -- generally speaking, I wouldn't be too
   keen on someone taking one of my photos and making changes, and I
   would be especially bothered if they weren't properly attributed.
   But in this case it was in a learning context in response to my
   message, and I really appreciate the PhotoShop tips.

   I'm not a power PhotoShop user -- in fact, those photos were my first
   attempt at any kind of cloud rendering (I mostly scan plant slides
   and make subtle tweaks).  I do tend to like the darker, stormier
   scenes, though.

   Now I have to work on the castle some more so that I can borrow
   that digital camera again and come up with some new guinea pigs for
   alteration attempts...  :)

Chris

P.S.  Shiri, thanks for sticking up for my photos!   Instead of adding
      copyright notices, you might also want to think about digital
      watermarks instead.  I use them for my plant photographs and they've
      worked rather well (Photoshop has this built-in, and there are
      free embedders for Windows and Mac (but nothing for recent Unices,
      unfortunately)).

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.